Tips from someone who is definitely going to stay pregnant and have a healthy baby for sure, no doubt about it.
Now that I am an authority on how to get pregnant (Universe, that’s a JOKE. Please don’t kill my embryo just because I still have a sense of humor!), I thought you might like to know how I achieved this miracle. Of course we can’t know for sure, but I’d say there were multiple factors leading up to the (temporary, one-day-at-a-timey, please let this not endy) success of my fifth IUI:
1. Red Raspberry for Fertility jelly doughnuts.
2. Being inseminated on four year wedding anniversary.
3. Having oppressive Best Friend with Baby move away. (I mean, seriously, I got pregnant on the first cycle after she left town.)
4. Following clinic instructions regarding alcohol, exercise, and caffeine.
5. Random chance.
6. Having three large meatballs removed from my abdomen.
And here’s the approximate contribution of each factor.
So while most of you can’t arrange to have 2, 3 or 6 come to pass, 1 is under your control, my friends. (And not to worry, I asked my RE and he says you can adapt the recipe to a gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, sugar free diet without the treatment losing any of its efficacy.)
As for how to STAY pregnant…I’m still conducting research. But I hope–with every fiber of my being–to have some data to share in a few months.